Mitchell T. McRae, Esq.
• A.B., Brown University, 1981
• J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1984
• Member, The Florida Bar, 1984 to present
• Florida Bar Board Certified Business Litigation Lawyer (08/01/02 – 07/31/07)
• Florida Bar Board Certified Business Litigation Lawyer (08/01/07 – 10/31/12)
• Preeminent Peer Review Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating (5 out of 5 – highest possible peer review rating in legal ability and ethical standards), LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, rated AV Preeminent for sixteen (18) consecutive years (1999 – 2017)
• Florida Super Lawyer (a Thomson Reuters publication), 2006
• Florida Super Lawyer (a Thomson Reuters publication), 2010
• Selected as one of Palm Beach and Martin County’s Top Lawyers by Palm Beach Illustrated Magazine and LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell, 2011
Practicing law for more than 32 years, Mr. McRae has handled around 1,500 business litigation court cases and has conducted more than 125 trials to conclusion (including 20 jury trials, numerous evidentiary hearings, and arbitration final hearings). Mr. McRae chose to be a lawyer because of his abiding interest in studying the theory and structure of government, and the constitutional limits placed on each of our three branches of government by our Constitution. He strongly and passionately believes in the advocacy system by which we resolve civil disputes.
Some of the many cases Mr. McRae has litigated have been reported in the state and federal law reporter publications, which are relied upon by judges and lawyers to determine case precedents on a particular point of law.
Reported Litigation Cases: Elbel v. Royale Energy Company, et al, Fed. Sec. L. Rep. (CCH) ¶ 96,163 and 1991 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 16709 (S.D. Fla. 1991)(successfully argued that fraud in the inducement and/or reliance are not required elements to prove a registration violation under Section 12(2) of the Securities Act of 1933 or the Florida Investor Protection Act) (also, issues addressed at Elbel v. Royale Energy Co., 1991 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 16744); Holland v. Walker, 492 So.2d 1093 (Fla. 4th DCA 1986) (trial counsel); FSLIC v. LIR Development Group, 641 F.Supp. 744 (S.D. Fla. 1986); Everett v. SM Leasing, 1987 Fla. App. LEXIS 9879 (Fla. 4th DCA 1987); Bocadev Corp. v. Stuart Hatteras, 527 So. 2d 853 (Fla. 4th DCA 1988); Terraces of Boca Associates v. Gladstein, 543 So. 2d 1303 (Fla. 4th DCA, 1989); Schwartz, Gold & Cohen, P.A. v. Streicher, 549 So.2d 1044 (Fla. 4th DCA 1989); Liddy v. Spina, 557 So. 2d 47 (Fla. 4th DCA 1990); Gemini Equities, Inc. v. Leasit USA Corp., 574 So. 2d 151 (Fla. 4th DCA 1991) (Trial counsel); FDIC v. LIR Dev. Group, 949 F.2d 1161 (11th Cir. 1991); Capuzzo v. State of Florida, 596 So.2d 438 (Fla. 1992); Swartz v. Lasting Impressions Picture Soap, Inc.; 751 So.2d 70 (Fla. 4th DCA 1999); Kobryn Corp. v. Old Kent Mortgage, 758 So. 2d 686 (Fla. 4th DCA 2000); Kennedy v. Provident, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 93387 (USDC SD FL 2009); McElrath v. ABN AMRO, U.S. Dist. LEXIS 17361 (USDC SD FL 2012).
We look forward to working with you.
McRae Law Firm – Florida Business Lawyers, Since 1984.